NEW PLACE




Mangere Mountain
This is my story this for this week. I have been in Auckland for more than 5 months, and in those times I lived in Glendowie near Mission Bay. But that also was my last time in that place, sadly this week I had to move to Mangere because there was not enough room for me that’s why I had to move to another homestay. Last week there were three new students arrived in Auckland for English, as a result, some of us have to find another homestay. I decided to live in Mangere.

Because this is a new place, everything also is new to me. For example, now I have a new homestay brother whose name is Kevin. He’s a nice guy who looks after me, he always tries to provide everything that I need, it was a new place with new people but it was a good start. And also I have to spend more time on my bus now, it takes about more than two hours every day. When I was in Glendowie it just took 30 minutes by bus to the city, but now from Mangere to the city, it takes more time than before, about an hour.

Actually, it was hard for me to move in the middle of my study and I had fallen in love with my former homestay, because they were kind for me, like with my new homestay parents they also looked after me. But I have to move and I think was a good decision because now I start to fall in love with this new family and new place because they gave me a great chance to get know with this new place and family, and the most important thing is because I still live with native speaker people who of course can help me to improve my English.

This is my first week in Mangere and last Wednesday I went for exercise at the Mangere Mountain. It’s close to the place where I live. It takes just about 15 minutes by walk or runs to get there. I think it is an amazing place because from the top of that mountain we can see the whole Mangere especially Mangere bridge which for me is very beautiful. I also saw some rabbits run around that place and there was announcement where some days there will be rabbit hunting which helps to reduce the population of rabbit that caused many damages for some native plants and also for that site.

Komentar

Postingan Populer