NEW ZEALAND, a Country we can learn many things



I’ve been living in this country for more than five months. I’ve been travelled a lot when I was in Indonesia, but this is my first-time travel overseas. Even though my main goal to come here is just for English, but also I try to learn a lot of new things and new experiences. In other words, as well as picking the language I also try to pick other things and try to use them to enhance and enrich my own knowledge.

I’m Indonesian and I’m always proud to be Indonesian, that’s the country where I was born. In many aspects, Indonesia has many things to be proud of, especially with ist culture and the beuaty of each island. All of these we can find only in Indonesia. But, in some aspects, I might say that New Zealand, a country where I stay is much better than Indonesia.  I could be right as well as wrong because I’ve just been here for more than five months. There some New Zealanders attitudes that amazed and inspired me.

First is how they wait in a queue. I always see this attitude when I take my bus to the school. Experiencing and witnessing people line in the queue it was beautiful. Every body waiting in the line and no one tries to be the first. All of them try to allow the older to be the first. It could be different with Indonesia where everybody tries to be first or try to be treated as the important one.

It was my second months when my class talked about some stereotypes in our own country. Every student tries to find one or two stereotypes from another student’s country, and I was very surprised because one of them said that Indonesian was known as "slow people." Is it true? I’m not sure, but that was he said. My friend might be wrong, but I can't say that because his assumption probably came from his own experience with Indonesia people.

Whether is true or not? Each of us can answer it. I think we are known not only for the foreigners as a country with rubber hour but also among our own community. We never be on time, we always to skip our activity. We never pay respect for the time, which mean also we never pay respect to the others people who are on time. Here I found that people really pay attention to the time, they never waste their time. I think the way the walk very vast can describe that. Not only that, some of them sometimes use their time on the bus for productive activity, like reading.

I might have to say that people here are very patient. Probably that’s why they always to be patience on the road even though there is heavy traffic, no one try to hurry. They don’t wait for the Police to set the traffic because every body tried to obey the rule which was made to protect not only one person but to protect all of them. This probably would be difficult to find in Indonesia which was well-known with it’s traffic problem. Maybe we have to repeat our elementary school to learn some driving ethics.

Another thing that impressed me is how they protect the nature. There are many rules where we can’t cut down any trees or kill any animals. Near our house, there was a big three which it roots can damage the floor of the building, but we can do nothing because it is protected by the council. That’s why I sometimes said that in New Zealand, not only human that live happily but also plants and animals. Because first of all they aren’t not just protected by rules but also that protection rises from the society. It came from their own awareness of how important nature is.

They proudly say to me that as long as we pay respect and protect the nature, and then it will protect us also. This country is known for its earthquake but not with its flood or landslide. That because all of its people really concern and respect and try to protect each side of their country. Lucky, because I’ve been here, even though just for English but I’ve been taught a lot of expensive experience.

Komentar

Postingan Populer