DAVENPORT

I have been in Auckland for almost 5 months and I have been visited some place, like Rotorua, Tauranga, Taopo and Coromandel, these places were far away from Auckland. But today was the first time I went to Davenport with my friends (Chiaki, Jessica and Peter thanks for the coffee). Actually it was very close with the place where I lived and I saw it from my bus on the way to school. 

We took a ferry from Auckland, and that was my second time took a Ferry (the first time was when I went Withianga). It was about 10-15 minutes from Auckland to Davenport. Davenport is a small city with a lot of restaurant with an old buildings. This city is renowned for its diversity of restaurants and cafe’s, antique, art & craft boutiques. With a map that we took at receptionist we decided to visit mount Victoria which is the highest mountain at that place. We went up to the summit of the mountain. There were a lot people who were enjoying a scenery to the beach.

On the top of this mountain we can see Auckland with its sky tower and after that we will understand why it is called as a city of sails.  On the top also there is an old cannon (big gun) that they used when there was world war, long time ago. Even though it is an old cannon but they still keep and and look after and that was one the reason why there were many people interested to visit this place.

This is a nice place for exercise because it less noisy than Auckland. while we do our hobbies we also can see and enjoy the magic around davenport’s interesting architecture, parks and volcanoes. Walk around this city it looks like we were walking around pre European history. It’s so beautiful to walk to the at the mountain and enjoy the wind and city. Hopefully I can visit this place again before I go back to my own country.

Komentar

Postingan Populer