SEE YOU BROTHER




His name is Thoby. He’s just small guy, not too tall. He’s also from Indonesia. I was attending an Indonesia celebration when I met him for the first time. When I saw him, I knew that he came from the eastern part of Indonesia the same as me, but I just thought that he was a University student who was doing his PhD in one of the universities in New Zealand. Later I found that he was here for English as well as me.

That was the first time I met him, after that, I always meet him at the Indonesia celebration. For me, he likes an older brother, not only because of the fact that he is older than me but because of the way he treated me. We had chat like we were brother. He was a humorist guy. Wherever we met he always had a lot of jokes or funny stories which made us laugh. He was a kind of person who could make a meeting became more attractive. With him, everybody seems to enjoy the conversation. 

He loved singing and dancing. Whenever and wherever there was a celebration he would try to lead us to sing and dancing.  Even though his voice might not good enough but it wasn't a problem for him. As well as another Indonesian who come from the eastern part of Indonesia he always enjoys those kinds of activities. Because for him dancing and singing is a part of his culture, it is in his blood. For him, a party without dancing it isn’t a party. I think he lives and brings that cultural perspective also here among the Indonesian people.

Sadly, last week was his last week in Auckland. After finishing his English course, he had to go back to Indonesia for another mission. Probably he will work in his hometown. Last Saturday we were invited by him to his farewell celebration. We had it at his homestay, it was a small celebration, there were just a few peoples, but that was so nice. We tried to look back at all our moment when we gathered together with some Indonesia peoples. There were a lot of funny moments, but probably that why we’d always remember it.

So, I just want to say thank you for him for everything that we had together, for the friendship, jokes, funny moments and all the memories that we’ve made. I and also Indonesian peoples in Auckland are going to miss him. We’ll miss his story, his voice and his present among us in each celebration and meeting. Hopefully, after I finish my study and go back to Indonesia I can meet him again.


Komentar

Postingan Populer