EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING



I was born in the countryside and I spent all my whole childhood with my family. After I finished my elementary school I moved to the junior high school. At that time my family decided that I had to stay in a boarding house because it was about 30 KM from where I was lived. I had never lived far away before that. So, that was my first time I lived separated from family.  As a little child (12 years old),  the first week was so hard for me. Sometimes at night before I went to bed I cried because I remembered my family. But that happened just in the beginning because after I knew all of my friends,  everything became easy for me.

And this is one interesting and inspiring story about me when I was in junior high school. I had been learning at junior high school about 3 months when one day I got this experience. It was a little bit like a bad experience and might be that’s why I was inspired and motivated, and I’ll never forget it.  My art teacher was teaching arts and music to us when this moment happened. As a part of her lesson, all of us were asked one by one came in the front of class and try to play keyboard, yeah..., I remembered we had been learning how to play recorder (one of the instruments) and I had never learned how to play keyboard and I had never learned and known about this instrument before, so that was the first time I touched keyboard.

One by one of my friends came in the front of the class and tried their best for this new instrument, most of them were successful, just a few who failed. I was still waiting my turn and I was very nervous. Then my name was called by my teacher. I walked slowly to the front of the class and then I started to play the keyboard. As a beginner, it was difficult for me, everything that I did was wrong.  As a result, I was hit by my teacher. It was very painful.

The moment I was hit by teacher inspired and motivated me to learn this instrument.  Since that time I promised to myself that I had to learn how to play keyboard and one day later I had to show that to my art teacher that I had the ability to play that instrument and I had to prove that she was wrong. Then,  the opportunity came when I moved to another city for junior high school. At that time I stayed in another boarding house, and I was lucky because this new place provided a lot of instruments for us. I spent a lot of my free time to learn how to play guitar and piano and most of us at that time learned by our self.

So, if now I have that ability of how to play keyboard and guitar, that is because I was inspired by this experience and that’s why I have to say thank you to my teacher, even though I was inspired by “bad experience” because all of these started by the hitting from my teacher, but now I realize that every cloud has a silver lining (a bad situation always has something good in it). How about you?


Komentar

Postingan Populer